Sunday, December 30, 2012

5 Classroom Canada Goals for 2013

This year I am going to hold myself accountable by actually writing down my goals for 2013. I've already written my personal goals (which involve more world travel for free by house sitting my way around the globe - see this post if you are curious how I do it). Now it's time to state my goals for Classroom Canada for 2013:



  1. Continue to focus on the quality of the teachers over the quantity.  I learned this lesson the painful way. Now I know just how important it is to work with the most amazing, inspiring & motivated teachers as opposed to focusing on sending over as many teachers as I can (which is the approach of many agencies). I remind myself of this focus on quality over quantity at the start of every term & so it's at the top of the list. It's hard to reject good teachers, but we need great teachers not just "good enough."
  2. Find these amazing, inspiring & motivated teachers wherever they are. More than half of our teachers come from word of mouth (which is awesome), but I'd like to reach other teachers that might not ever hear of us. I suspect they're on facebook so I'll put a bit of money into advertising on there. I tend to be someone that prefers to find great teachers through word of mouth but I also recognize that Canada is a large spread-out country so I should reach a bit further to find those bright sparks.
  3. Bring in another blogger to write more quality posts on teaching in London & around the world.  I can't believe I've written almost 600 posts on this blog!  It's time to bring in some fresh blood and some new perspectives on teaching in London.  Education & travel bloggers - this is for you!  Let's discuss and see if we're a good fit.  Ideally, I'd like 3 quality blog posts per week - but again, it's quality over quantity.  And I'd love for this blog to be updated in its appearance as well but have no idea how to go about that.  I've tried and failed miserably in the past, so I'm really hoping the right education/travel blogger joins our team & can do all the formatting too.  This blog is jam packed with quality posts, but how do the readers find the ones they want? I want this to be an information packed, but also easy to use.  Anyone out there?
  4. Offer One Live Workshop Per Month. I absolutely love giving workshops at universities (check out my personal website if you want to see what I do as a public speaker), and I sort of love doing webinars - although I find them too "one-way" for me.  I'll be finding ways to offer workshops online for small groups of 10 teachers so we can interact with each other.  I'm working on the details now, but I'm really excited about it!
  5. Update all the paperwork & keep on track of it. As a teacher, I am one of the worst at doing paperwork. I know it has to be done, but I prefer actual teaching to doing paperwork by far.  It's no different for me as a recruiter for Classroom Canada - I procrastinate at updating the paperwork & much prefer just talking to the teachers on the phone.  But enough is enough! I plan to update all the paperwork for our teachers and make it even easier to go through the steps to move abroad.  This should probably be at the top of the list, but let's face it - this is the one that I am least looking forward to on the list.
That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more as the year gets going.  I'm really excited for 2013 and hope you are as well.  I'd love to hear your goals for 2013 below in the comments section.  Happy New Years everyone!  

Victoria

PS) I am actively recruiting teachers for April/May 2013. If you're interested in teaching in London and can leave as soon as April or May, please submit your resume & cover letter to apply AT classroomcanada.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails