Monday, November 12, 2012

News from a London Teacher: What It's Like to Teach in London After Months of Preparing

It's always so wonderful to hear from the Canadian teachers after they've arrived in London.  We tend to spend about 6 months over email & phone calls getting the teachers ready to go and when they finally arrive and get settled, it's a relief both for the teachers and for us back home.  All those questions, all those worries, all those concerns...and then...they arrive, they settle in, they get to work.  Sometimes it's not that smooth of course, and sometimes the teachers have to wait around for the supply teaching days to pick up, but oftentimes - it's easier than they think it will be.

Here's an email I just received from a teacher who arrived last week:


Hi Victoria,
 Just wanted to send you a quick email to let you know things are going great in London.
 I moved into (the accommodations) on Thursday.  Now that my clothes are hung up, I finally feel settled. My room is great and just down two doors down from another Classroom teacher.
 I was also fortunate last week, the week after break, to get booked for the whole week in one class in Stratford. It was great being with the same kids everyday and getting to know them and the routines.
 Anyways, I thought that since most of my emails to you have been filled with questions and stresses I would send you a quick email to let you know everything worked out and everything is going great!
I must admit - I do mostly deal with the questions & stresses from my end, and my colleagues in London take over once the teachers arrive so I tend to wonder how they're doing. I check in of course, but emails like this always make my day.  And once again, I'm reminded why I love what I do!

If you're looking for a teaching job in London, it's time to apply for January 2013 and April 2013 start dates.
Send me your resume & cover letter and I'll see what I can do. Email: apply AT classroomcanada dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails