Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Guide to Getting a Teaching Job

I just stumbled across this resource for teachers that are job hunting & thought I'd share it with you here.  The ebook, Guide to Getting a Teaching Job is jampacked with useful information for teachers.

From the Guide to Getting a Teaching Job website:

You'll learn everything you need to know about finding and landing the teaching job you want. 

Inside you'll find:

  • The 50 Most Common Teacher Interview Questions and How to Answer Them
  • Information, Tips, and Advice about the Teacher Interview Process
  • What to Include on Your Teaching Resume
  • Secrets to Making your Cover Letter stand out
  • Sample Resume, Cover Letter, and Thank You Letter
  • All About References and Letters of Recommendation
  • Seven things you should avoid saying at an interview
  • How to Prepare and Present your Teaching Portfolio
  • Go inside the minds of two interviewers as they describe what an interview committee looks for, what they notice, and how to impress them.
  • A candidate describes her struggles and successes throughout the job hunting process. She explains what worked and what didn't
  • And lots, lots, more!
I've conducted thousands of interviews with teachers who want to teach in London, so I figured I'd check out the interview chapter first.  The author is spot-on with the questions we always ask!  What I really like is that he guides you in what you should answer, and perhaps more importantly what not to say in an interview.  I could write a whole book on what not to say in an interview, but luckily - I don't have to.  Thanks Tim!

Let me know if you purchase the ebook & what you think of it.  I love to share valuable resources here, and would love your feedback on whether this one is useful to you or not.  Happy reading & job hunting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails