Monday, January 16, 2012

TedXObserver - For TED lovers in London, England


I recently gave a TedX talk here in Victoria, Canada.  It was on my bucket list of things to do before I die, and while I am a teacher who is used to giving talks in front of large audiences, I was still ridiculously nervous.  I had only 8 minutes to capture the attention of the audience, convey the message and try not to fall off the stage. 

Well, luckily - I survived! And now my dream is to get to do a TED talk in the annual conference.  That would be absolutely incredible and of course, nerve-wracking!

TEDX conferences are independently organized local events - in the spirit of TED, but organized locally.  There are literally thousands of these events around the world. 

For those of you in London, England I highly recommend signing up for the TEDxObserver conference which will happen in March 2012.  It's between 55 and 65 pounds to attend a full day of speeches, and trust me - you won't be disapointed. They just started selling tickets yesterday, and I know they will sell out.  Get in there before they do, and maybe you'll start dreaming of your own TEDx or TED talk one day. 

Resources for Teaching in London
Classroom Canada
website Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters

Attend a Webinar on Teaching in London -
January 26 2012
One hour webinar about teaching in London.
Sign up here.
Like this blog? Be sure to flick "follow" on the right hand side so you're the first to get our blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails