I'm really looking forward to this workshop, as I've done workshops at University of Victoria as well as Queen's, McGill and Nipissing, but none have been as long as 4 full hours. With so much time, I'll be able to cover:
- How to research teaching agencies, recruiters & schools that are hiring teachers overseas
- CV/Resume Writing for teaching jobs abroad
- Cover Letter writing for teaching jobs abroad, with samples of the best cover letter I've ever received and the worst (identities hidden of course)
- Interviewing skills for specific teaching jobs overseas, with mock interviews & sample questions that every recruiter will ask.
- What it's really like to teach in a foreign country. Culture shock, keeping in touch with friends & family "back home", visas etc.
- Where can you teach abroad? Who's hiring and where?
What else do you think I should focus on? If you're in teachers college & want me to come to your school, please leave me a comment below.
Resources for Teaching in London
Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog
Like this blog? Be sure to flick "follow" on the right hand side so you're the first to get our blog posts.