Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Changes to Classroom Canada's Website

We've made a few changes to our website & blog and wanted to let you know about them first.  I'd love your feedback & advice as well!

The website now includes the blog - which is the way most websites are now.  When I started this blog in 2008, I set it up on blogger, simply because I started with them with my personal blogs in 2005.  So it was easy for me to navigate the site, figure out how to post & include photos, videos, links, etc.  But now the thinking is that everything should be easy to access, in one clean site. 

I don't know about you, but my online experience is feeling uber-cluttered these days. Facebook, google+, twitter, blogger, wordpress, ebooks, websites... I can't keep up!  But more than anything, I find myself wanting one good clean space, where I can find what I need and don't have to click all over the place.

So - enter www.classroomcanada.com.  It's a work in progress, but it's cleaner anyway.  You can head over there, find the blog within the site & see what it is we do.  I suspect I'll change the template (the look of the site), but the content itself should be better than our previous site. 

What we do is fairly simple - we recruit Canadian teachers to work in schools in London, England.  But there are so many teaching agencies these days, it's hard for teachers to figure out what's so different about each agency.  I think our Coffee Time interviews show what we're about better than anything I've written, and they haven't quite made their way to the new website yet.  It's going to be a long move over as I have to literally bring each post in.  I might publish the series of interviews with our teachers as an ebook and give each of the teachers a hard copy.  But we'll see how much time I have.  It's an ambitious project!

What do you think?  Any changes you'd like to see?  Please share your two pence below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails