Thursday, August 18, 2011

2 Words Teachers Wish They Could Say To Their Students But Can't



Well, the count down to school starting up has started, and I know there are some teachers out there already planning and gearing up for their new classrooms.

And some are starting to bite their nails again, wondering what behaviour management strategies will work this year. I post the above video for the teachers that panic, and worry and wake up in the middle of the night and want you to hear Bob's words clearly.  But I also post the video for the teachers who wish they could just say those magic 2 words to their students.  And I'm sure they do say them every once in a while. But do they work?

1 comment:

  1. What's wrong with "stop it"? My colleagues and I say it all the time. And yes, at least in a nursery setting, it works. Obviously it's said calmly, and isn't the only tool in the toolbox. It's used in conjunction with other techniques (positive reinforcement, redirection, distraction, etc). But it's good in that it sends out a clear and immediate message about where the boundaries are. And, in my opinion, is much better than saying "no."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails