Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Guide to Teaching in London Wins an Award

I'm so proud!  The little ebook I wrote last year, called Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians won an Honorable Mention from Writer's Digest this year. 

I wrote the ebook in 7 days (literally for 12 hours/day).  My sister, Jennifer Westcott, editted the book in 7 days.  And our cousin, Caroline Bishop, did the graphic design in 7 days.  It was online and for sale from start to finish in 21 days.  I'm not saying it's a literary work of genius or anything, but this award does prove that anyone can sit down and write a book if they have the focus & support to do so.

I wrote about what I know, and I knew that the book didn't exist yet so it would be really helpful to other Canadian teachers wanting to make the move to teaching in London.  The book is not a sales tool. I hardly talk about Classroom Canada at all in fact.  It's 110 pages all about what it's really like to teach in London, regardless of how you get there and which agency you teach with. 

If you haven't read it yet, you can download a free chapter here.

Resources for Teaching in London

Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog

Like this blog? Be sure to flick "follow" on the right hand side so you're the first to get our blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails