Friday, March 25, 2011

Funny Friday: Funny Things That Teachers Do

I'm going to try something new on this little blog of ours: Funny Friday! Funny things that teachers do and are they actually funny?

So here goes.  Our first Funny Friday video from youtube.  I chose this video because it's quite a popular topic on you tube - teachers that rap math.  I've never rapped in front of a class myself, nor can I imagine ever wanting to, but I have noticed that there are an awful lot of videos showing (usually male) teachers rapping to illustrate a certain equation or formula in math, particularly for things that the kids just need to memorize. Like the guy above - Soh Cah Toa.  

But is it actually funny? Or are we as teachers just putting on a performance to try to get the students to like us?  Are we pandering?  Is this how students learn? 

I'm curious. What do you think? Have you ever rapped in front of your primary or secondary class? Did it work? What did the students learn?

Leave your comments / stories below!
Resources for Teaching in London

Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails