So I visit London once or twice a year, see all our teachers, conduct PD workshops, organize & participate in social events and catch up with my London colleagues. It's a manic week to say the least, but also my favourite week of the year.
On my journey into London this morning, I made a list in my head of all the things I love about my journey to the office:
- I love how easy it is to navigate London. Thank you tube & overland maps!
- I love catching a stranger's eye on the elevators and giving them an unexpected smile.
- I love the HSBC ads at the airport. I always feel like I'm coming "home" when I see their ads. Strange, I know.
- I love listening to my ipod on the tube. This morning's playlist was Hollerado, from Manotick, Ontario close to my home town of Ottawa.
- I love getting off at Oxford Circus and being swept amongst the crowds.
- I love stopping in at Pret to pick up a latte ("not too hot please" - they always burn the milk unless I tell them not to) and a breakfast sandwich. My colleagues are sick of Pret because our London office is right above one, but since I'm only here for a week I can't get sick of their food yet. Their love bars are delicious!
- I love reading this week's Time Out Magazine, even though I won't have much time to actually see any other events besides our Classroom Canada ones, I still like to know how much there is to do in London.
- I love coming into the London office and seeing all my amazing colleagues. Seriously, I have the best colleagues in the whole world. How did I get so lucky?
- I love meeting the new London staff! They don't feel new themselves, but for me, since I was here a year ago they're new to me.
- I love seeing our teachers in London. Absolutely love it.
Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog
Like this blog? Be sure to flick "follow" on the right hand side so you're the first to get our blog posts.