Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Classroom Canada is Coming to You! Teacher Career Fairs, Workshops, Presentations & Interviews in Your Cities

It's official - jetlag has knocked me on my butt.  I flew to London last Sunday and went straight into the London office for Monday for our intense & amazing PD & Socials week. Then I flew home on Monday, and went straight to our Victoria BC office to catch up on all that I missed while away.  Now it's Wednesday and I must say - I'm swamped! 

So, I've been returning all your phone calls and replying to emails, as well as interviewing teachers for jobs that start in January & May 2011 and a few for September/October 2011.  It's madness over here folks.

Anissa and I had a meeting today about all the universities we're visiting this year, and to discuss our upcoming U.Vic workshops on resume & cover letter writing for overseas teaching jobs, as well as what it's really like to teach in London.  I had the pleasure to speak with a U. Vic student teacher about doing her placement with us in London next year and a Queen's student teacher about her alternate practicum this spring.  It's always so great to see teachers planning ahead.  Doing a placement in London just makes so much sense for their careers and for the adventure of teaching abroad.

Anyway, in case you missed it - here's the list of places we're visiting this year, with some more to be added to the list shortly.  I'm excited to meet all the great teachers across Canada and America who want to teach in the UK with us.  They make it all worthwhile!  Be sure to let us know if you want us to visit your town or city and it's not already on the list.

Resources for Teaching in London
Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog

Like this blog? Be sure to flick "follow" on the right hand side so you're the first to get our blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails