Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Videos Recommended by a Canadian teacher on her way to London, England


I love it when our teachers send me emails with interesting videos or blogs for others teachers to check out. So when "M" sent me the email below I asked her if I could share it with you all here.  She agreed.  Thanks M!

Hi Victoria,


Hope things are well. I am doing good, slowly preparing. I got my visa and will submit all the documents for the bank account this week. I also have to tell my current boss about my decision very soon.

I found these videos, I am not sure if you ever saw them. But I wanted to share them with you. You can put them on your blog! I think teachers would be interested to hear these.

The first video is a presentation by Dan Meyer (a math teacher) - "Math class needs a makeover"

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/dan_meyer_math_curriculum_makeover.html

The second is a presentation by Ken Robinson on how in his opinion schools kill creativity.

http://www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html


P.S.Congratulations on the honorable mention (from Writer's Digest) for your book! It's awesome, easy to read and to the point, I found a lot of answers to my questions in it. Thanks for writing it!

Best wishes and I will be in touch soon again,
M...
I've taken out her name as she hasn't told her boss that she's leaving to teach in London, England so I figured she didn't want them to find out here.

I have seen the second video before and enjoyed it, but I'm about to watch the first video now.  Thanks for sharing!

Keep those emails & comments coming folks.  They are why we do what we do.

Resources for Teaching in London

Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog

Like this blog? Be sure to flick "follow" on the right hand side so you're the first to get our blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails