Want to teach in London, England with Classroom Canada or Classroom America?
For the next few weeks we will be conducting interviews with teachers and teaching assistants for positions that start in November 2010 and January 2011.
For all those teachers and teaching assistants who are thinking about moving to London to teach, here's what we like to see:
Secondary Teachers with the following teachable subjects (at least 2 of this list): science, math, computers, design & technology. There will be limited positions in: English, History, Geography and Modern Foreign Languages. Secondary Teachers with experience in Primary Teaching and Special Educational Needs will be prioritized.
Primary Teachers - particularly those with experience across all age groups.
Special Educational Needs Teachers. Mild Learning Disabilities, Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties and Severe Learning Disabilities.
Teaching Assistants & Early Childhood Educators. Experienced teaching assistants, nursery & reception teachers (ECE's).
For all of these positions, we are looking for the following skills & experiences:
- Experience abroad in some capacity is a definite asset. Teaching ESL, volunteering abroad, working abroad.
- Flexibility, adaptability and a "can-do" attitude.
- Inner-city teaching experience is a definite asset.
- Outstanding references.
- Ability to teach across various subjects and age groups.
- Sense of humour.
- Optimistic, positive approach to teaching and living in London.
- Involvement in extracurricular activities (sports, drama, clubs, dance...anything that shows your interest in learning outside of the traditional classroom).
Resources for Teaching in London
Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog