Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Classroom Canada Toronto Social: Our teachers from past, present & future

I'm in Toronto now after a whirl wind tour which started in Seattle and ends next week in Barrie, Ontario.  I'm exhausted. In fact, I can't even tell you where I am tomorrow because every day I feel like I'm somewhere else.  Interviewing, meeting amazing teachers, making great connections, eating out, staying in hotels...I can't complain - It's a fabulous life!  But...well... maybe it's time I hired someone to help out in these kinds of tours?  What would you do if you were me?

The photos in this entry are from a social we did in London in November 2010.

Tonight we have our Toronto teacher social which is by far my most favourite part of this kind of a trip.  I get to see teachers that taught with us 3 years ago, 2 years ago, this past year as well as a group of newbies to Classroom Canada who are heading to London in the fall.  It's always super-fun because the teachers who are back home in Toronto have stories to share about teaching in London as well as teaching here in Ontario.  The new teachers get to know what we're all about, what it's really like to teach in London (the good, the bad and the ugly!) and Toronto area, and they also get to know me a bit better. 



We go to a British Pub, have a few drinks and just enjoy the conversations & new friends made.  What I love most is meeting all the new teachers & seeing them meet each other for the first time in Toronto, because I know that they'll be soon traveling around Europe together.  Tonight is the start of their adventures!  Lucky ducks.



I'll be back in our British Columbia office on August 19th, when I will be going through the stack of CV's and cover letters that I've received over the past few weeks. If you applied, and wonder why I haven't called you yet, please just call me after the 19th. That's the best way to reach me and why wait around waiting for the phone to ring?  My number is on our website.

Resources for Teaching in London
Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails