Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Can Do Anything Good: "I like" vs "I hate" & Teaching in the UK

Ever notice that the words, "I hate..." just sound so awful coming out of a child's mouth?  My niece, Sophie, is seven years old and sometimes she'll say how much she hates something and it's usually very trivial, like "I hate brushing my hair." 

It drives me batty.  I always remind her that hate is a very strong word and then she'll edit herself and say "Okay, fine. Well I don't like it anyway." 

While teaching in the UK, you will hear worse things than "I hate brushing my hair."  And if you're like me, you will look for a positive spin.  A positive classroom is a happy place to be.

So when I saw the video of Jessica proclaiming her love for everything in her world, I just had to share with you here. If only all of our students could feel such an outpouring of love for what they have, even when what they have is so little.  Check it out!



Resources for Teaching in London, England

Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails