So, what am I learning you ask?
Right now, I am learning:
- How to drive. Watch out world! This 33 year old eco-chick is finally learning how to drive & just bought my very first car - an SUV! What? It's extremely fuel efficient, and after a car accident where my father had to pick my sister & I up on an old country road in Quebec in his big-*&&% SUV, I just feel safer in an SUV. I know it's illogical. I know they roll. I don't care - I love it! I'm a few weeks away from my N test when I'll be able to drive without an experienced driver-passenger and I can't tell you how excited I am. ROAD TRIPS!
- How to speak Spanish. I did a lot of volunteering & traveling in Central America & studied Spanish in university, so my Spanish is pretty good but I know I have heaps to learn. I'm getting back on the Spanish-track & will be seeking a Spanish tutor here in Victoria for me to practice my vocab and conversation skills with. Any recommendations? Please send them my way! Thanks.
- How to speak Italian. Those of you who have read Eat, Pray, Love will understand this one. I figure I should just learn Italian for the pure love of learning to speak Italian. Why not? Also looking for an Italian tutor in Victoria, or even abroad who can email back & forth with me. Any suggestions?
- How to cook. Sad, but true. I can cook some basics, but wouldn't it be cool to be a master chef in some sort of cuisine? Again, suggestions please!
- How to kite surf. This is a dream of mine and I admit - probably the least likely to be accomplished in this little list. Which means I should put it at the top of the list right?
Teaching in London Resources
Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog