Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Teaching Meme - Pass it on...

I found this teaching meme on Mr Teacher's blog and decided to participate & spread the meme here as well.  If you are a blogging teacher or teaching assistant, please feel free to copy & paste the sentence prompts and complete the sentences for your own blog.  Be sure to link back to this blog so your readers can follow the meme.


1. I am a good teacher because...I absolutely love teaching and can see the humour in every day life.
2. If I weren’t a teacher, I would be... doing exactly what I'm doing now - recruiting amazing teachers & teaching assistants to teach in London, England with Classroom Canada.  And if not that, then I would be an event planner, organizing massive networking & social events in NYC, London, Paris, Tokyo...
3. My teaching style is...frank & funny, and I probably talk a little too much at times.
4. My classroom is...a phone line & an internet connection, and occasionally a formal classroom setting while giving a presentation about what it's really like to teach in London, or my ebook Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians.
5. My lesson plans are... non-existent.  But they used to be very structured and detail-specific with an objective, and clear expectations.  Differentiated, fun, short & sweet, with group work, individual work, partner work and use of the interactive white board.
6. One of my teaching goals is... to help the best teachers get jobs in London schools that they love while also enjoying a community of Canadian & American teachers in London.
7. The toughest part of teaching is...being consistently positive & looking for the positive in each and every student & colleague. Some days, you just can't see it until you really look.  Sometimes just a smile will turn your whole day around!
8. The thing I love most about teaching is... spontaneous, random life lessons.  Just check out the Coffee Time series on the right hand side of this blog & you'll see our teachers stories about teaching in London.  Some of them are hilarious!
9. A common misconception about teaching is...that teachers just have to be "fun" and "cool" and their lessons will automatically be well received.  Sadly, being well liked is just one small part of what makes a great teacher.
10. The most important thing I’ve learned since I started teaching is...that while I love teaching, I love helping teachers make the move to London more.  Classroom Canada was just a dream a few years ago and now, we have about 80 incredible teachers & teaching assistants in London and I'm ridiculously proud of each & every one of them.  



Resources About Teaching in London
Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog

1 comment:

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails