Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Reason #57 to Teach in London, England: London Olympics 2012


I just realized that our Canadian and American teachers and teaching assistants who travel to work in London this September will be lucky enough to be in London for the summer Olympics.

Most of our teachers & TA's get visas for 2 years (called the "Youth Mobility Visa" and formerly known as the Working Holiday Maker Visa),  which means that the teachers I am interviewing and selecting now will actually arrive in London in September and October 2010.

Fast-forward two years, and we have the last month of their visas in London at the same time as London's 2012 summer Olympics.  How cool is that?

As if you need another reason to teach in London, England right?

Here are Reasons # 56, 55, 54, 53, and the post that inspired them all: 52 Reasons to Teach in London England.

You can also sign up to hear when the tickets go on sale, so you can try to get first dibs on the London 2012 tickets.  I just did myself.  Or, you can try to volunteer at the Olympics as well.  I also signed up for that.  I missed out on Vancouver 2010 because I was too slow to register for tickets & volunteering, but I won't miss out on London!

Resources About Teaching in London, England
Classroom Canada website
Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians ebook
Sign up for our newsletters
Canadians & Americans in the UK blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails