Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Coffee Time with Classroom Canada - Introducing Linda Nelson, our Teaching Assistant Recruitment Consultant Extraordinaire

Today I am excited to introduce you to Linda Nelson, our amazing Recruitment Consultant for Teaching Assistants with Classroom Canada.  If you are a Teaching Assistant, or would like to become a Teaching Assistant, please email Linda directly at Linda at ClassroomCanada dot com.


Name: Linda Marie Nelson
University: Royal Roads University, Victoria, British Columbia
Subjects: Commerce specializing in Entrepreneurial Management

How long have you been working for Classroom Canada?
3 Months – I met Victoria on a Mediterranean cruise and was thrilled to discover that we both lived in the same city. I knew we would be fast friends the moment I met her. I had just left my Human Resources position at another company and was looking for a new challenge.
Why did you choose to work with Classroom Canada?
Victoria is brilliant and once I learned about Classroom Canada and how the company provides the opportunity for people who are passionate about teaching to have such an amazing experience, I wanted to be a part of that vision. Classroom Canada is a professional company who takes care of their teachers and teacher assistants and I am proud to represent and assist in the growth of this organization.
What is your position with Classroom Canada?
I recruit Teaching Assistants from across Canada to work in London schools. This entails advertising, presenting at college career fairs, interviewing, checking references, verifying past experience, ensuring visas are in place and answering a lot of questions. Candidates must have recent experience working with children, completed their early childhood education certificate or undergrad degree with a goal of becoming a teacher in the future, and ideally have worked with children with disabilities or learning challenges; Extra points for those who have worked or volunteered abroad.
What is the one piece of advice you can offer a Canadian teacher assistant considering the move to London?
Go with a sense of adventure, an open mind, positive attitude and an open heart. The kids need you and you need them. It’s a win/win for everyone and I promise you will look back on this experience and be very thankful you made the decision to join Classroom Canada and experience life as a teaching assistant in London.
What qualities do you have that make you a good recruiter for Classroom Canada?
I embody the qualities that I look for in a candidate. I am passionate about life, love a challenge, love to help others and to facilitate the realization of dreams. Honesty and integrity are of utmost importance to me and I feel Classroom Canada embodies these values; and I am proud to represent such a company. Oh.... and I love to travel and have FUN! London is a hub for inexpensive travel to Europe which is a bonus for those of you who are brave enough to follow your dreams and join us in London!
Thanks so much Linda! 

I am so excited to meet the amazing new Teaching Assistants that Linda recruits with us.  Linda brings a wealth of experience and enthusiasm to this new role and I just know that the TA's she recruits will enjoy the London experience with our little teaching agency. What an exciting time!

I will be interviewing the TA's that we currently have working in London so that our readers can get a better sense of what they do, and how they enjoy living in London.  So please watch this space.  Also, be sure to spread the word to any TA's you know.  Thanks!

Questions? Comments?  Wanderings? Please share below.

If you would like to become one of our outstanding teachers or teaching assistants in London, just apply through our website. Also, be sure to read the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians. Sign up for our newsletters and help spread the word to your friends and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails