Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Free Hugs - My friend Andy gives hugs for FREE!



Okay, I know this has nothing to do with teaching in London, but I "ain't bovvered."

This is my good friend Andy hugging folks in Florida for the first time with a Free Hugs sign.  My other good friend, Carol Miller, organizes Global Free Hugs Day with her work with Positive Focus, a nonprofit run from Chicago.  I love these guys.  So simple, so good.


So, I had my own first free hug in Hyde Park in 2007 at Speakers Corner.  It was the first time I had seen anyone with a sign like this, and in Speakers Corner it was a real relief.  Everyone there shouts on soap boxes, giving speeches about how to save the world, destroy the world or find religion in the world.  And this one guy, standing quietly with his sign spoke the loudest to me.

What do you think?  Would you ever consider standing on a corner with a Free Hugs Sign?

I promise to return to my "teaching in London" theme tomorrow. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails