Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Classroom Canada Around the World



Yesterday was one of my best days with Classroom Canada ever.

Every time I checked my email, I received more great news.  Every time I answered the phone, I was so excited to speak with the person on the other end.  What an amazing day!

What made me so happy, you might ask?

Well, I received incredible job applications from teachers across Canada who want to teach in London - honestly, some of the best cover letters and CV's that I've ever seen.  You might not realize this, dear readers, but I get a lot of applications, and just like you've heard before, I only spend a few seconds reading each one.

So when I get an application that stands out, I read it again.  And again.  Sometimes I jump up out of my seat and yell, "YES! This is why I do what I do!"  I'll be posting an example of one of these cover letters soon so watch this space if you want to learn what to do to be successful in your teaching applications.

I also spoke with a teacher who heard about us from one of our amazing teachers.  He's an experienced teacher and has done heaps of work with inner city "at risk" youth in Vancouver, so I'm stoked to meet him and get him a job in London in one of our schools.  Word of mouth is a wonderful thing.  It's where most of our teachers come from, and that's just the way I like it.

Then, I checked my email and saw two incredible bits of news.  Sarah Ebner over at School Gate mentions my blog in her post about the Edublog Awards, and we received an award for one of the best blogs about international teaching and study.  How cool is that?!  I'm honoured, humbled, flattered and so excited.

Which brings me to today.  Today, I spoke with one of my colleagues in the London office and found out that all of my teachers are working.  The average is 3-5 days/week for those that are doing supply teaching, but about half of my teachers are in full-time jobs now, so that also makes me very happy.  I love it when our teachers do well.  September was a rough month for Secondary School teachers in London, but it looks like it's all balanced out again.  Well done team Classroom Canada!

Questions? Comments? Please share your thoughts below.

If you would like to become one of our outstanding teachers or teaching assistants in London, just apply through our website. Also, be sure to read the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians. Sign up for our newsletters and help spread the word to your friends and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails