Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Armistice Day aka Veterans Day aka Remembrance Day



It's a holiday here in British Columbia for Remembrance Day, but I think the rest of Canada is still hard at work.  The UK calls the 11th of November "Armistice Day", and I believe the USA still calls it "Veterans Day."  Regardless of what we call it, we all take our moment of silence, wear poppies and remember.

I'm also hard at work, going through 467 emails (!) from new applicants trying to work with Classroom Canada as teachers or teaching assistants in London.  Wow.

For my grandfather - I love you and will always remember your courage and strength.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Even the nasty little brats at our school stood stock still in silence yesterday as over a thousand of us paid our respects to the war veterans we will always be indebted to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails