Friday, October 9, 2009

How to Apply for a Teaching Job in the UK: The Importance of Taking 3 Minutes...


I try to cut teachers and teaching assistants a lot of slack when they apply for jobs with Classroom Canada in London.  If their cover letter is written to "Timeplan" by mistake, I understand that they're just applying to loads of teaching jobs in the UK, and are in too much of a hurry to stop and see who they are applying to.

Sometimes, I get a little bit cranky though.  Hey, I'm a positive person - this doesn't happen too often, but lately...well...spell check is important folks.  It's actually really important for teachers.

Here are my personal favourite mistakes from this week's applications alone:
  • email subject heading: Teacing Application
  • Resume/CV education section: Batchelor of Education
  • Dear Timeplan
 Come on people.  You are applying to teach children how to read and write.  Please show me you know how to spell "teach" if you want to be a teacher.  And please, find my name and use it.  I like my name.  It makes me feel special.  I don't address you as "hey applicant."  Just learn my name.  And Classroom Canada is not Timeplan. Nor Protocol.  Nor Smart Teachers.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

To apply for teaching and teaching assistant jobs with Classroom Canada, please see our website and sign up for our newsletters.  Don't forget to check out the Guide to Teaching in London.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you can't spell "teaching" then your cv should go right in the bin, busy or not!

    My last post was actually on the topic of spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree. Don't you worry, I hit "delete" more than I open the emails these days. Sounds harsh, but if the subject has a mistake, I just can't put myself through the torture of reading the rest.

    I loved your post about spelling! It made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails