First, I'm heading off to London to do our PD and Socials Week (Nov 2-6th) and I can't even tell you how excited I am to see all our teachers and teaching assistants in person.
We're running a 5km tour with Richard, an avid runner and one of the founders of Classroom Ltd. We're hanging out with blogging teachers & TA's and sharing a few drinks and stories at the Maple Leaf Pub. We're doing workshops on SEN teaching and how to survive and succeed in any London school. Then, finally, we're having our 2nd Classroom Canada London Scavenger Hunt. To sign up for any of these events, just see this post.
Second, I'm planning my visits to the universities below:
- OISE, December 18th, 2009
- York University, January 7th, 2010
- Brock University, January 8th, 2010
- Queen's University, January 12th, 2010
- Lakehead University, January 15th, 2010
- Trent University, January 16th, 2010
- University of Alberta, January 18th, 2010
- Lethbridge University, January 20, 2010
- UBC, January 22, 2010
- McGill, February 1, 2010
- Concordia, February 3, 2010
- University of Ottawa, February 5, 2010
For interviews, January and February are very important months. I will be interviewing in each city I visit (where time permits of course) and I will continue to interview teachers and teaching assistants by using Skype. These interviews will be for positions that start in April/May 2010 and September/October 2010.
Before coming to meet me, please read this post: The Do's and Don'ts of University Teacher Job Fairs
Questions? Comments? Please share your thoughts below.