Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Classroom Canada Visits Canadian Universities - Updated List 2009/2010


I'm hitting the road again folks!

First, I'm heading off to London to do our PD and Socials Week (Nov 2-6th) and I can't even tell you how excited I am to see all our teachers and teaching assistants in person. 

We're running a 5km tour with Richard, an avid runner and one of the founders of Classroom Ltd.  We're hanging out with blogging teachers & TA's and sharing a few drinks and stories at the Maple Leaf Pub.  We're doing workshops on SEN teaching and how to survive and succeed in any London school.  Then, finally, we're having our 2nd Classroom Canada London Scavenger Hunt.  To sign up for any of these events, just see this post.

Second, I'm planning my visits to the universities below:
  1. OISE, December 18th, 2009
  2. York University, January 7th, 2010
  3. Brock University, January 8th, 2010
  4. Queen's University, January 12th, 2010
  5. Lakehead University, January 15th, 2010
  6. Trent University, January 16th, 2010
  7. University of Alberta, January 18th, 2010
  8. Lethbridge University, January 20, 2010
  9. UBC, January 22, 2010
  10. McGill, February 1, 2010
  11. Concordia, February 3, 2010
  12. University of Ottawa, February 5, 2010
If your university isn't on the list and you would like me to visit, please just let me know by leaving a comment below.  Experienced teachers will be interviewed in person and on the phone and don't need to attend these events to meet with me.

For interviews, January and February are very important months.  I will be interviewing in each city I visit (where time permits of course) and I will continue to interview teachers and teaching assistants by using Skype.  These interviews will be for positions that start in April/May 2010 and September/October 2010.

Before coming to meet me, please read this post: The Do's and Don'ts of University Teacher Job Fairs

Questions? Comments?  Please share your thoughts below.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria!!!

    Maybe if you are able to visit Nipissing as well in North bay??? Great teachers college..not sure if you were there last year but I know you would see a lot of teachers interested!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charmine,
    I usually visit Nipissing but I think the date of their event conflicts with another fair this year. I did a presentation there before (which is where I met Jenn, who has a Coffee Time on the right side of this page) so I might call them and set that up again. Thanks for reminding me.
    Cheers
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails