Monday, June 22, 2009

Reason #53 to Teach in London, England: Wimbledon!

Wimbledon 2009 started today in London. As if you needed yet another reason to move to London to teach!

For all those Canadian & American teachers in London, I hope you take advantage of this amazing event and get down to Wimbledon after school. It's easy to get onto Centre Court if it's raining!

I saw Serena Williams play with an injured knee in 2004 on centre court and it only cost about 12 pounds to get in. It was incredible. And boy, did it rain. But I didn't care. I was at Centre Court watching Serena Williams at Wimbledon! It was a dream come true.

For all those teachers doing research into teaching in the UK, just think: you could be at Wimbledon on this day next year. Lucky you!

If you'd like to become part of the Classroom Canada team, please sign up for our newsletters & apply through our website. Be sure to read the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians to help you understand everything you need to know about teaching in London.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,

    I had such a brilliant time in London--it just felt so natural to be back, and my friendships are all still fabulous! Thanks for setting up the meeting...now I am very motivated to finish the last of my Master's and finally apply for the visa! I can't wait, and hope I get approved with flying colors.

    I have a friend who lives in Wimbledon--I was quite jealous when I found out he'd gotten tickets in the Wimbledon lottery (that they do every year) to go on Thursday! I also wanted to mention Ascot was on whilst I was there; many nicely dressed in fabulous hats at Waterloo Station.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann,
    I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in London & met the team there as well. It's always good to put faces to names.

    A group of our teachers went to Ascot this year, so combined, you & they have inspired my next blog post. :-)

    Thanks!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails