Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Classroom Canada Turns 2: Celebrate With Us!

I can hardly believe that almost 2 years have passed since I first moved back to Canada to start Classroom Canada - the teaching agency that would raise the bar for all other agencies and really help Canadian teachers to understand everything they need in order to succeed in their teaching careers in London, England.

Our 2nd birthday is on July 19th, the day I flew home from London after teaching & recruiting there for three years.  So what should we do to celebrate?

Well, normally I would throw a big party to thank everyone involved in our success, but of course, that's kind of hard to do given that our teachers are in England, scattered across Canada and America and there are even a few in China, Japan and the Bahamas.  But I still want to have a party!

A virtual party it will be.  It's the last weekend of school for our teachers in London and a Sunday - a great day to go online and "party" with us.  So, here's what I propose:  

Come online on Sunday, July 19th and wish us a Happy Birthday.  

Win prizes!  Yes, that's right. You don't have to give us gifts, but we'll give them to you simply because we can and everyone loves to win.

I'll be on this blog and twitter, giving away awesome prizes and celebrating 2 years of helping amazing teachers make the move to London, England.  

Who knows? Maybe our sponsors will even throw in some travel vouchers, or free flights (travel companies? Are you out there?), or free travel tours (come on Top Deck, I know you want to :-) ).  

But just like throwing a real party, I worry that no one will show up. I am only human after all. Will you come to our party?  What do you think I should give away as prizes?

If you'd like to become part of the Classroom Canada team, please sign up for our newsletters & apply through our website. Be sure to read the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians to help you understand everything you need to know about teaching in London.

7 comments:

  1. I'll be there! I live for prizes, hahaha. I suggest Cadbury's chocolate!!!! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amie! I just spoke with Lloyd's and they are going to throw in some prizes as well - golf umbrellas, diaries, pens etc. You will use the umbrella when you move to London for sure. :-)

    Can't wait!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take a free flight, for sure ;)

    I'd love to participate. July 19th's my last day teaching at a camp in the middle of nowhere with questionable internet access, but I should be able to manage it somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, thanks Byrn! Keep those fingers crossed for a free flight :-)

    Have fun with the camp!
    Victora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Victoria,

    I so wanted to wish you a happy birthday and congratulate you on all the great work you do for Canadian teachers, but sadly, I got the dates mixed up :( I saw the "Sunday" part and didn't notice the July 19 part...anyways, Happy 2nd Birthday, I'm sure there will be many more parties in many years to come! Good job to you!

    Kirbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed your party. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Classroom! Glad your with us! This agency deffinitly sends you to the better schools and ensures that their teachers are happy! YAY classroom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails