Friday, May 8, 2009

Jobs for Secondary Teachers in London Schools

Yesterday, I promised that I would write down 90 more resources for teaching in London to complete my 200th blog post with 200 resources. I have to break that promise. Sorry!

I have a school that just contacted me and wants to see some resumes in the next 3 hours so I literally have to drop everything and just focus on getting my teacher's resumes into the school's hands. This is the nature of my job and to be honest, part of the reason I love doing what I do. The most important thing is that we get our teachers working, so that means drop everything & run with it.

So, I thought I would let you know what jobs I am going to send resumes for.

The school is outside of Central London and very supportive of its international staff team.

  • Teacher of English
  • Teacher of Science
  • Teacher of Geography
  • Teacher of Maths
  • Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages - French
So what should you do if you want to apply for these jobs? Send your resume to victoria at classroomcanada dot com. With the urgency though, I will be sending the resumes of my teachers that have already applied and have been selected to teach with us.

There are 1394 classroom teacher jobs available in London as of today. This one is urgent, but usually we have plenty of time to interview interested teachers, check their references and determine if we think they are suitable candidates for our schools. In this case, I am submitting the resumes of teachers who have already gone through this process. Also, I should note: If you are one of our teachers and I phone you with an urgent message to get back to me, that means right away. Have your cell phone on you and check your messages. Sadly, 3 of my teachers missed their chance this morning because I had to submit resumes and couldn't get ahold of these three very good teachers. It is a matter of being available at the right time. Hard to predict I know! Don't panic - there are plenty of other teaching jobs.

I will try to find some time this weekend to post the remaining 90 resources. Watch this space. Have a great weekend everyone! Congratulations to all those teachers at Brock University that finished their placements this morning. And to those students at York - you're almost done. Soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails