Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Job Interviews for Teachers in & around Vancouver - this weekend!

Between sending out resumes to schools in London with jobs for teachers that start in September and helping our teachers prepare for the upcoming journey, I also have new applicants to interview on a somewhat regular basis. A lot of teachers assume that I am no longer interviewing, but that's not the case.

I interview year round. I was personally selected to teach in London in July 2004, on the plane by August 24th and teaching by September 1st, 2004. So, last minute works for some. Not for most, but for some. I don't recommend leaving this kind of decision to the last minute, but since I did it myself I can't hold it against anyone else.

Anyway, Victoria Day long weekend is coming up. As a born & bred Ontarion, I value this weekend as May 24th (read: May Two Four!). It's the weekend for a case of beer, good friends, camp fires and a cottage. But now that I live in Victoria, BC, I think it's just a good excuse to get off the island and into the big city of Vancouver.

I just got off the phone with a Vancouver teacher who did her teacher's college training with one of my teachers last year. She's heard great things about us and wants to teach in London this upcoming autumn. Since I'm coming to Vancouver anyway, I figure I might as well squeeze in some interviews with great teachers.

Which brings me to the point of this post: if you are in Vancouver (or nearby) and want to discuss teaching in London, please send me your resume. Make sure you highlight the fact that you are in Vancouver in your email so I read your resume right away. Otherwise, your resume will be placed into the box with all the others from across the country for me to eventually read, but not today.

I still do phone interviews with teachers across the country, so if you're not in Vancouver apply anyway. I just did an interview with a Canadian teacher in the Bahamas last week. I've also interviewed Canadian teachers in Australia, China and Korea. Our teachers come from coast to coast and I'm very proud of that.

If you'd like to become part of the Classroom Canada team, please sign up for our newsletters & apply through our website. Be sure to read the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians to help you understand everything you need to know about teaching in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails