Monday, May 25, 2009

Interactive Online Guides to Your Favourite Spots in London, England

Daniel from http://www.comeawaywithme.co.uk/LondonAudioGuide emailed me this past weekend to inform me of this very cool site. I am very excited to share it with you.

You can click on an interactive map of London, England and hear detailed historical information on your MP3 player or computer about the building or area. I just clicked on St. Paul's Cathedral, one of my favourite buildings in London and learned more while checking my email and my calendar for the day. I can just imagine having the MP3 files on my iPod while I walk around downtown London. What a great idea!

You can listen for free online, or download all 5 hours for only 6 GBP. That's a bargain and a half. Thanks for sharing with us Daniel!

Any more great sites to share? Please leave your comments below.

If you'd like to become part of the Classroom Canada team, please sign up for our newsletters & apply through our website. Be sure to read the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians to help you understand everything you need to know about teaching in London.

2 comments:

  1. You may also find http://www.my-london-guide.com helpful. Audio guides with hints, tips and advice on what to visit in London. All from a Londoner's point of view so you get to hear about the hidden gems aswell as the unmissable attractions.
    You build you own guide choosing the mps downloads of areas of London or themes you're interested in.
    Hope it's useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. link below for my-london-guide.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails