Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Canadian Teacher Blogs of Note


Sarah Ebner, of Times School Gate blog just sent me an email that I asked to share with you. Sarah agreed, so here goes:

Hello Victoria,
I just wanted you to introduce you to Siobhan Curious, who is writing some guest posts for me, on saving her teaching career!

http://timesonline.typepad.com/schoolgate/2009/05/introducing-guest-blogger-and-teacher-siobhan-curious-and-her-first-post-how-she-saved-her-teaching-.html

You probably know her, because she is Canadian (that sounds terrible, as if everyone in Canada knows everyone else, but I mean it in the sense of being teaching bloggers and Canadian!) and I thought you might find them interesting. I would also really like more teachers to see them...

Best wishes, and thanks,

Sarah
Editor, School Gate
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/schoolgate
I wish I could reply that I actually know Siobhan and that we're old friends from elementary school. Wouldn't that be funny? That does often happen with Canadians so it's not that far-fetched.

Thanks to Sarah for pointing out another great Canadian teacher blog. I'll be a regular reader, and hope our readers here check out her posts over on Sarah's site.

If you don't already know of Sarah's blog, please do check it out here. She's a fabulous blogger & journalist. The comments on her blog are always an enjoyable read as well. Plenty of teachers, administrators and parents read & comment.

Another great blog to check out is the Classroom Canada Teachers Blog, written by our teachers in London for all those teachers who want to know what it's really like to teach in London, England.

If you'd like to become part of the Classroom Canada team, please sign up for our newsletters & apply through our website. Be sure to read the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians to help you understand everything you need to know about teaching in London.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah's generosity has been nothing short of astonishing. And thank you so much for dedicating a post to me and to other Canadian edubloggers. When I'm not a guest poster for School Gate, you can find my regular blog here:

    http://siobhancurious.wordpress.com/

    I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, and to learn about the other blogs you've mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Siobhan,
    Thanks for your comment & for blogging! It's exciting to meet other Canadian teacher bloggers that are known in the UK as well.

    I'll visit your blog often! If you'd like to be a guest blogger here, just let me know. I'll be happy to post your ideas, tips, advice, stories, etc. :-)
    Cheers,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog. Please see my new blog at

    http://teachhard.blogspot.ca/

    and offer a comment, anonymously if

    you want. And pass it on. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails