Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Canadians in London: Invitation to the Maple Leaf Mixer


We have a guest blogger today to invite you all to a special Canadian event in London, England. Read on...

Dear Canadian teachers in London!

I am an avid fund-raiser for the Maple Leaf Trust, the charity of the Canadian community in the UK, and would like to extend a personal invitation to you and your friends to come to the Maple Leaf Mixer and enjoy a fun, Italian-themed evening at Fiat's glitzy showroom on Thursday May 7th. The Canadian Women's Club of London have joined up with Network Canada to host 'Sapori di Torino' (A Taste of Turin) with regional wines, Piedmont-inspired canapes and speciality sweets at this must-see venue.

As well as meeting up with fellow Canadians, you'll have the chance to bid for the pleasure of a weekend's driving of the new Fiat 500 and to win raffle prizes - all in support of the Maple Leaf Trust.

We've been feverishly busy rounding up some fabulous Italian-inspired raffle prizes - a food hamper sponsored by Sacla, a £250 voucher off a walking or cycling holiday in Italy, and more!!

A special bonus just for you: if you're a teacher here in London from Canada, and you've heard about the event on this blog, I'd like you to come and find me on the night. Introduce yourself with the magic words of 'Classroom Canada' and I will personally buy you a raffle ticket if you buy at least one more for yourself! As the Communications Coordinator for the Canadian Women's Club, the person at the door will be able to point
you to me.

Please join us from 7:00 - 9:00pm at 105 Wigmore Street, London W1U 1QY (just behind Selfridges). Entry tickets, at £15 each, can only be purchased online. For more details and booking, click here.

And because I know that going out can be tough after a long day of teaching, if you show up with a friend, I'll buy them a raffle ticket too! Please email me if you have any questions about the evening, and I hope to meet you on the 7th!

Barbara Richards
email:
barb.richards52@btinternet.com

I hope some of our readers go to this event & report back to us here on what it's like. I'd love to be there myself, but I'm in Canada until the new academic year kicks off in the fall.

If you'd like to become part of the Classroom Canada team, please sign up for our newsletters & apply through our website. Be sure to read the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians to help you understand everything you need to know about teaching in London.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have to be a teacher with Classroom Canada, or can I aim to come? Heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, no I don't think you have to be a teacher! I don't think you have to be a Canadian woman either ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails