Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wine and Cheese Events for Teachers Across Canada


Do you think we should hold free Wine & Cheese events for teachers interested in teaching in London, England?

Please take this short survey and share your thoughts with us. It doesn't matter if you live in Vancouver or not, we just need to know if this idea is brilliant or rubbish. If it's a hit, we'll bring the idea on the road across Canada, and then into the US.

Sign up for our newsletters to read more about teaching in London, England. Download a free chapter of the ebook, Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians. If you like that chapter, buy the ebook! If you're not satisfied, I'll give you your money back. I've never had to refund anyone yet so I'm confident I won't have to!

4 comments:

  1. Of course!! Wine and cheese is always a good idea :)

    Also, what is the name of that tv show about teachers you were telling me about? It's like a soap opera type show I think? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amie,
    I think we discussed Waterloo Road, which is a UK series based in a tough inner city school. You might be able to order it online, but I'm not sure if it will be multi-regional (ie. work in Canada).

    The other show is simply called Teachers, but that's a bit more like Boston Public. Remember that one? Where the teachers are all gorgeous? Waterloo Road is still a drama, so focuses on the personal lives of the teachers, but at least it shows a realistic view of the school & the students. They deal with issues like drug abuse, alcohol, poverty etc and have the right accents to make it believable. I would compare it to Degrassi vs 90210.

    Let me know if you manage to get it in Canada! I miss it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found a few episodes of "Teachers" on surfthechannel.com, that's also how I watch skins. It's an awesome site that streams videos and tv shows, great when you don't have cable so you don't miss favorites like Lost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do miss watching Skins so will try to watch a few episodes on that site. Thanks for sharing it!
    Victoria
    PS) You can also buy a multi-regional DVD player when you're in London for less than 100 pounds, which means you can bring your DVDs from Canada and order them on line to be shipped to your new home in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails