Monday, January 5, 2009

How to Apply for Teaching Jobs in England by Email

I receive thousands of resumes & cover letters a year from teachers eager to work in London, England. Some are great, some are not. Email has changed the way we apply for teaching jobs & so I've decided to share with you 2 emails I opened this morning (of the hundreds I have to open today). Names & details have been changed to respect privacy.

Here's the first email:
"i am interested in speaking with an agent to help my boyfriend and i find wonderful teaching positions where we can enjoy europe and yet make lots of many to pay down our student loans. can u help us?"
This teacher signs their name and includes an image of a pint of beer.

Here's the second email:
"Attached is a copy of my resume, cover letter and certification. I am available for contact Monday to Friday 11:00 am to 4:00pm at (555-555-555). Thank you for your time and consideration of my application to teach in England.

Regards,"

I now have the choice to open each email's attachment and phone the teacher for an interview. Which teacher would you want to teach your children?

I wrote more about how to apply for teaching jobs in the United Kingdom in the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails