Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Teaching Jobs in London, England


Teaching with Bailey - Chatty Students from Efl Classroom on Vimeo.

The above video will help teachers considering the move to teaching in the UK. What better way to learn what it's really like than to watch it on television?

In the above video you will watch former teacher & now behaviour consultant, John Bayley. He has a regular spot on Teachers TV with a program called "Teaching with Bayley" - I recommend that you watch as many of these as you can before you look at specific teaching jobs in London. Bayley is considered an "outstanding" teacher (by the government agency, Ofsted) and is brilliant to watch in action.

To read more about Bayley, please see this website.

If you do want to know more about teaching jobs now, please read this post. Also, get your copy of the Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians by yours truly.

Here's an email I just received from one of the readers of the guide:
"I just finished reading the guide, thank you so much! It was extremely enjoyable to read and clearly answered many, if not all, of my questions (from how the British school system works to what to bring to London).

It
has definitely helped to solidify my decision to move to London and has got me very excited! My biggest question and concern was whether to apply with an agency or not. I've done a lot of research online and through talking with friends who have gone to Europe to teach but there's not a lot of clear information out there about agencies and their pros and cons, but you've totally convinced me!

Once school and work have calmed down a bit during the Christmas
holidays you can expect to receive my cover letter and resume!

Thanks again,
Amie"
Wow - Thanks Amie! I really appreciate your feedback & am so pleased to read your thoughts on the guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails