Saturday, December 13, 2008

One Laptop Per Child



I wrote a little while ago about Support for Non-Profits and Education Around the World, and have since learned about this One Laptop Per Child program. I will be getting involved in this in some capacity and would love your thoughts and ideas.

One reason our teachers really enjoy teaching in London is that the use of technology is outstanding. Almost every classroom has an interactive white board (which you may know as a Smart Board). Students grow up logged on, tapped in and clued in. You can learn more about Smart Board resources if you join this the SmartBoard Lesson podcast group on facebook.

So in the spirit of giving back, I think it's only right that we help promote One Laptop Per Child as well. What do you think? Do you know any more about this program that I should be aware of before I take the plunge and sign a cheque? I prefer to support organizations that I know well, so any feedback you have for me will be great. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails