Tuesday, December 2, 2008

An Email from a Canadian Teacher With Experience in London, England


I ran a contest yesterday for subscribers of the Classroom Canada newsletters and gave away 3 copies of the ebook, Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians.

One of the winners sent me this email:

"I am so thrilled about the book!! I was just telling my mom a couple of days ago that I was going to buy it :))
-
I have been reading your blog for some time now, and let me tell you, it has been so helpful. Firstly, I have been teaching in London - and after a particularly bad day in the classroom (after which I felt like the most incompetent teacher ever!), I stumbled across your blog. The advice you give is great, and doesn't disguise the reality.
-
I made the mistake (?) of going to London with one agency, and ended up only getting 2-3 days of work a week. After stressing about money, I decided to return home for December, and also look for another (or an additional) agency.
-
I can't wait to return to England! So long story short, I will definitely be sending you my resume (from what I have read in your blog and on your website, I am impressed with Classroom Canada).
Thanks!"

Wow - another story of a Canadian teacher moving to London only to discover that she's not supported by her agency. Sadly, we hear about this happening all the time. So thanks for the support of Classroom Canada! Your story is exactly the reason I started this little teaching agency that could.

Here's another email from one of our teachers telling a similar story.

To enter our contests & read more from our teachers, sign up to our emails. Get your copy of the Guide to Teaching in London here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails