Saturday, November 1, 2008

Jetlag does the funniest things...

Traveling from Victoria, BC to London, England takes about 14 hours. The time difference is 8 hours, except when England changes their clocks before we do. Right now, the time difference is 7 hours.

It is safe to say that I am officially jetlagged. It's the strangest feeling because on the one hand, it's so exciting to be in London. But on the other hand, I'm exhausted - physically drained and mentally sloooooow. I'm certainly not complaining, but it is something to prepare for, especially for those of you traveling from the West Coast of Canada. Those traveling from the east don't experience jetlag to the same extent, as the flight is about 6 hours and the time change is only 5 hours. So your body will adjust quite quickly.

I gave myself a few days before going into our UK office, because I know this jetlag well. On Monday, I'll be back with my favourite co-workers of all time in the London office. I can't wait to catch up with our teachers & see everyone in person. Most of our teachers are away this week for half-term break so I know they will have plenty of traveling stories to share.

We're running Professional Development sessions in the evenings and the Classroom Canada Scavenger Hunt is on Friday. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails