Friday, November 7, 2008

American Teacher Recruitment for London, England

Here's some exciting news for our American Teachers! We are expanding to the United States to create Classroom USA.

Traditionally, it's always been more dificult for American Teachers because they are unable to get the same visas as our Commonwealth teachers. With the changes to the Highly Skilled Migrant Scheme, we are happy to say that it should be a bit easier for American teachers to obtain permission to work in the United Kingdom.

There are already 250 000 Americans in London, England. It's dificult to say how many of these are actually teachers. I know many Americans have passports for EU countries as the American population is also incredibly diverse. If you have an EU passport, then you won't need a visa to teach in London. If you don't have an EU passport, you will have to apply for the Highly Skilled Migrant Program.

You can see if you are eligible by following this link. Don't pay any money upfront until you are certain that you qualify for the visa. There are literally hundreds of companies that help foreigners obtain visas to work in the UK, and I am not in a position to recommend one over another. But for now, you can certainly check to see if you are eligible.

The Classroom USA website will be up and running by January 2009. In the meantime, you can still apply through our Canadian site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!


Related Posts with Thumbnails