Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What Teachers Do in London, England for FUN!

Teachers move to London, England primarily because there are plenty of job opportunities so they know they'll find teaching work right away. But they also go for the fun times to be had in London.

I'm leaving our Vancouver Island office to visit our London office for a couple of weeks and so I've started to look at what I can do in my free time there. It's still a bit early to begin planning, but I like to check out my options anyway.

Here's the website I go to when I start making my plans for London. The Time Out is a weekly magazine that you'll find everywhere in London. It costs about 4 pounds (I think, unless it's gone up in price) which is about $8 Canadian. That seems a lot I know, but trust me, it's worth every penny!

You can also just check online like I do, or if you're in London then you can get a subscription where you pay for one issue and get 8 free. I did that for a few months when I taught in London but found that there was just too much to do that I became overwhelmed with options.

I particularly like their 10 Things to do in London for Under a Tenner.

One of the most common questions I answer over & over is "But isn't it expensive to live in London as a teacher?"


Sure, if you want to live it up in London. But our teachers do quite well. It's only October, and our teachers have already been to Italy, Spain, Scotland, Ireland and all over England. They pay cheap rent in our accommodations and spend their money on traveling and fun in London. To read more about their adventures in teaching and traveling, check out the interviews on the right hand side of this blog.

Also, be sure to get a copy of Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians (the American edition will be out soon!) You will learn everything you need to know to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails