Monday, October 13, 2008

A Teacher to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro for Alzheimer's


Lindsay taught in London with us last year and recently returned to Vancouver. She's a fabulous teacher and all round great gal, so I am happy to support her in fundraising for Alzheimer's. I don't normally use this blog to ask you for donations, but I just think Lindsay is doing something pretty darn incredible and if I were you I'd want to know about this.

Lindsay and her fiance joined the Ascent for Alzheimer's 2009 team to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa. I have to say, I'm impressed!

They are climbing to raise awareness and money to support research for Alzheimer's disease or related dementias. The climb represents the mountainous struggles faced each day by people with dementia and their caregivers.

Lindsay's fiance lost his mother gradually to the disease and she passed away February 2007.

As such, Lindsay and her guy are doing this climb in her honour.

It's an incredible challenge to reach Africa's highest peak at 19,340 feet - and they hope to raise $10 000. They're funding their own expenses to Africa.

Please donate here to support their amazing efforts. I hope to post pictures of them here when they've completed the climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your two pence!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails