Last year, I went to the University of Victoria to their education recruitment fair. That's where school boards and teaching agencies set up tables, hand out brochures & freebies and talk about what positions they are hiring for. 7 teachers from U.Vic are now teaching in London with Classroom Canada because of that one event.
Because of the recent success of those teachers in London, England I will be speaking at U.Vic for a special workshop/presentation.
This time, I'll be speaking about the book, Guide to Teaching in London: A Survival Guide for Canadians and about our teachers in London with Classroom Canada.
The presentation will be on October 15th at 9am in one of the classrooms (TBA). If you'd like to attend, please send me an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. There's only room for 40 teachers, so please reserve your spot in advance.
Also, in December, our cross-Canada extravaganza begins again! I will be traveling across the country speaking with teachers and doing interviews along the way. One of our former teachers, Krissy Redekop, will also be at the fairs talking about her teaching in London and how you can get a teaching job with us.
Here are the dates we've booked so far:
- University of Victoria (for a presentation): October 15, 2008
- University of Toronto (OISE): December 12, 2008
- York University: January 8, 2009
- Brock University: January 9, 2009
- Queens University: January 13, 2009
- Nipissing University: January 30, 2009
- McGill University: February 2, 2009
- Concordia University: February 4, 2009
- University of Ottawa: February 6, 2009
PS) Experienced teachers: email me first & I'll arrange an interview time for you there.